All the posterity of David Spurlock Jr. will be eternally grateful for the work done by all of these people but especially Richard Austin Spurlock and his sister/mother Allie Lucretia Spurlock Pincham who compiled a priceless collection of memories, stories, pictures and histories into the book ‘The Spurlock Story’ by Richard Austin Spurlock.
- Uncle Austin’s book, The Spurlock Story. It is full of stories, history, pictures and memories and is the best information we have for our story telling and website projects.
- Research and collection of Georganna Bushman Spurlock.
- Spurlock history by cousins, Grace and Flora Foreman. They are daughters of Mary Katherine Spurlock, a sister of Robert Archibald and the wife of Isaac Wylie Foreman.
- Spurlock history by cousins, Elizabeth and Belle Spurlock Cummings. They are both daughters of Uncle David Drury Spurlock and both married men named Cummings. They had each written a little history and given it to Georganna Bushman Spurlock, aka Namina.
- Research of Cleatus A. Lewis, son of Dollie Spurlock who is a granddaughter of John Thomas Spurlock another brother of Robert Archibald. He has compiled a massive (almost 400 pages) history of Spurlocks. He gave me his huge file years ago and it is the best serious research that has ever been done on the family. He is now deceased.
- History of our family found in books at the Family History Library: God, Grass and Grit a history of Sherman County trade area. A Windswept Land. 100 Moore Years, etc. as well as various internet sites.
- Spurlock history compiled by Don Wagoner who was hired by Namina to compile a history of the David Spurlock Jr. Family.
- Some Spurlock history compiled by Mary Fern Souder a Spurlock researcher who heads up a Spurlock DNA project. (She has helped me with a tough Leverton research problem.)